Hi there, friend! I’m so glad you are here. Grab some coffee and sit a spell.
I’m Lara. The owner, writer, and wrangler of LEGOs and chickens here at Everyday Graces. Writing has long been a passion of mine. I love grammar, but only for English Lit so you’ll find me using words like y’all, sunshine (drag it out, I’m from the south!), and on occasion phrases like bless their hearts will slip out on video. Thank you for understanding.
What are everyday graces?
Fresh flowers on the dining room table.
Deer sightings in the back yard.
Tiny acts of kindness between siblings.
Empathy from strangers in the grocery store when your toddler is having an epic fit.
Kroger putting in a Starbucks. Seriously.
Here at Everyday Graces, you’ll find homeschool and motherhood encouragement, tips, tricks, things we’ve loved, things we haven’t liked at all, and sometimes the real-life not so pretty stuff because I like to be real. I don’t like to whine, so I keep those to a minimum. Rest assured, though, that this blog is the cleanest part of our home. We don’t do Pinterest perfect.
I’ve got two special needs and gifted boys so I try to post 2-3 times a week. There are occasional lulls since life is often less accommodating than my blog planner. When everything goes as planned you’ll find:
- Homeschool everything. Ideas, units, reviews, products we use, things that didn’t work, and everything else that falls under the umbrella of cultivating a home filled with learning.
- STEAM ideas. That’s Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. We love it all (except math but we have fun with that anyway).
- Encouragement and ideas for mom from homeschool to keeping your wardrobe nice to Bible journaling. My passion is to encourage other moms because what we are doing is big, ladies! Raising a generation is a blessing and a calling that is extremely demanding. We need each other.
- Heart schooling. Raising considerate and thoughtful adults is just as important as raising engineers and doctors and welders. We incorporate character building fun and Bible teaching and share it with you here.
- Food! We are an allergy family and so we share recipes and ways to make homecooking easier for families.
- EG Reads book club. A book club for mamas that meets here every other Thursday and on Facebook. It’s a great way to dive into a new good book you’ve been meaning to read.
I’m so glad you’re here! Thank you for joining our community.
We are a homeschooling family and have been since the very start. Mr. T and Mr. F have Apraxia of Speech, a neuro-motor planning speech disorder, and being able to stay home and teach them here has been an incredible blessing. We use a multitude of learning styles including Montessori, Charlotte Mason, Classical, unit studies, lapbooks, and interest led learning. We also do lots of extra speech therapy at home. Mr. F has major multiple food allergies and Mr. T has a few of his own. Here’s a short overview.
Lara: Saved by God’s amazing grace. Feeder of the family which includes: Husband John, Mr. T, Mr. F, Peanut the hamster (who likes to escape), Aslan the wonder dog, and Lucy and Henrianna the resident providers of breakfast. Writer, hypothyroidism fighter, gardener, and Spartan sprinter wannabe.
John: Awesome husband and dedicated daddy. Technical Director for the school system’s performing arts centre. Sci-fi
nerd afficiando. Carpenter extraordinaire. Eagle Scout.
Mr. T: Oldest child. Parkour lover. Story spinner. Wants to be a hero for Jesus. Loves gluten free ice cream cones, art, electricity, inventors, and his little brother. Ninja warrior of Apraxia, SPD, dyspraxia, hypotonia, APD, suspected dyslexia.
Mr. F: Youngest child. Whirling dervish. Snuggle bug. Parkour fiend. Giggles galore. Impish red head with the typical temperament. Lover of books. Animal adorer. Valiant Knight against Apraxia and SPD.
Everyday Graces Networks
I am delighted to be a part of the following network groups.