My Book of Centuries is our free gift to you upon subscribing to Everyday Graces Newsletter. Use the box below
What is My Book of Centuries: A Timeline Notebook for PreK-3rd Grade?
My Book of Centuries: A Timeline Notebook for PreK-3rd is a printable PDF Book of Centuries in Charlotte Mason style but geared for young learners. A Book of Centuries is simply a timeline in notebook form, portable and compact, so your student can add to and review their history timeline any time and any place, even on vacation! A timeline notebook is also compatible with any history curriculum or any teaching method.
Who Needs My Book of Centuries: A Timeline Notebook for PreK-3rd Grade?
- A typical Book of Centuries timeline notebook is used for 4th grade and beyond. Having a printable PDF timeline notebook for younger students allows for them to learn how to record history in a way that helps them retain it. Because it is a PDF book, replacement or additional pages can be printed at any time.
- Younger learners are able to learn alongside older siblings which lets home educators (mom) teach only one history lesson at a time since each student has a way to record major events and a way to review it later.
- Parents who do not have the wall space for a large timeline or who simply do not want to have a timeline strung across the house.
- Classical or Charlotte Mason homeschoolers who wish for their children to get into the habit of recording timeline events from the very beginning of their education.
The Details of My Book of Centuries: A Timeline Notebook for PreK-3rd Grade
- Creation to 3000BC and the 1700’s to present day contain 2 pages per century just as an older student’s book would, all other centuries contain one page only.
- There is a lined section on every other page for tracing, copy work, or dictation.
- Included are timeline figures that may be used for inventors, explorers, composers, and more!
- Because it is a printable PDF e-product, you can use it for multiple students and can print and add extra pages if you need them.
Above you can see Mr. T using our The Big Picture Interactive Bible Storybook from B&H Publishing to listen to the Creation Story and then adding in a timeline figure and drawing his version of Adam and Eve. I dash-printed out the Genesis 1:1 KJV for him in pencil to trace over since we are learning to write. An older student could copy the verse or write dictation in the space.