What is StitchFix?
StitchFix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. Simply buy what you like and return the rest.
Why you will love StitchFix:
- The $20 styling fee is applied toward any items you keep.
- There is a 25% discount if you keep all 5 items.
- You can specify price ranges, modesty preferences, colors, patterns, and more.
- Try on clothes at home without having to drag the kids along.
- You have your own personal stylist!!! (I can’t be the only mom that’s dreamt of this!)
- You have a valid reason for spending a little time pinning clothing to a “My Style” board on Pinterest.
- Every shipment comes with styling cards that show you two ways to wear that piece! This is great for anyone, but extremely helpful for people who are a little fashion challenged.
- When you love it and refer your friends through your referral link, you get credit towards future purchases when your friends get their Fixes!
- You are not locked in to any commitments! You can get a fix once, every other month, every month, or just whenever you decide you’d like a few new pieces for your wardrobe. That is fantastic!
My 1st StitchFix Box
Please forgive the tired look. We had just come home from traveling after Christmas and I was too excited not to try on all my goodies that Tina selected for me! Here’s the breakdown and what I loved and didn’t about the contents and the experience of StitchFix.
The notes I gave my stylist:
- Homeschool mom of 2 young boys. Washable clothing is preferred.
- I want out of the “homeschool mom” look, but don’t want to spend a fortune so pieces that are super versatile are a must.
- I have yellow undertones so greens and yellows don’t look good on me.
I also completely filled out my style profile questionnaire and you can see my “My Style” Pinterest board to see how I pinned and made notes to help make the selection process better for my stylist.
On to the clothes:
1 – This blazer is amazing! The rushed sleeves with the striped lining details are awesome. The fit was perfect. The fabric is heavy enough to have structure but not feel weighty. The navy color is just right for jeans, khakis, or skirts. The cut and style are so flattering! Nothing is more awesome than a piece that makes your waist look smaller and more accentuated! The only issue I had was that I got a navy blazer for Christmas. Had I not, I would have kept this piece. I did note on my receipt that I would love to have it in a different color!
2 – This striped Dolman top is super soft! The fabric is a gorgeous knit. I loved the neckline, the cut, and the color. But I discovered that all over stripes are just not my thing. 🙁 I love them for accents, though. This was a perfect piece for the mom wardrobe makeover and I would definitely keep it in a different pattern. Wash and wear is always a plus!
3 – This is actually 2 pieces. The top and ponte pants are both from my first Fix. These pants (Liverpool Jeans company) are the best pair of pants I have ever owned! They are comfy, dressy, easy to clean, go with everything, and are a good sturdy material. Absolutely awesome and I’d like a pair in every color! (Just kidding, sort of) The tab top shirt is just amazing. It is a hand wash piece, but such a great color (and not one of my usual colors but I really love it!) and fabric and shape that it’s now a staple in my “non-stereotypical homeschool mom” closet. I kept both of these pieces and am so over the moon with them! Extra bonus:my favorite Soda boots look great with the outfit!
4 – This cardigan has patch sleeves and is very soft. But it’s stripes. So it went back. It was a fun piece, just not for me.
Checkout was a breeze, and I was able to leave notes on each piece for Tina, my stylist, who also has two young boys and totally nailed the mom makeover looks with fun and fashionable pieces that were also easy to take care of. I can’t wait to see what’s in my next fix! I did leave notes that I’ll be attending Teach Them Diligently homeschool conventions as a TTD blogger and as a Homeschool Launch author and encourager, so there may be a few great travel pieces in the next Fix! I will be sure to keep you posted.
Overall, I am thrilled. Even though the pieces are a little more than I usually spend, it’s just a few at a time, and the pieces are basics that can be dressed up or down. One of my goals this year is to be more like the P31 gal we all know and love (to hate, sometimes) and I want to present myself well as it reflects on my husband and my family and my business. So the yoga pants will be for PiYo this year, not the grocery store.
Want to join me? Find out more about Stitchfix and schedule your Fix today!