Back to (Home) School
Going back to homeschool, or any school, is a yearly milestone. Celebrating yearly to-do’s is a wonderful way to establish a loving and life-giving culture in your home. So commemorate this new year with these yummy little chalkboards.
Bonus: These can be made with regular Rice Krispies or Gluten Free Crisp Rice Cereal!
Get ready to have a great year back to your family’s schooling with these fun little treats.
This recipe will yield 6 Chalkboard Treats:
For the treats:
DIRECTIONS FOR RICE CEREAL BARS
1. Spray a 9×9 pan with a non-stick coating spray and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the butter, stirring constantly until melted.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal until well-coated.
5. Transfer the cereal mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly.
6. Cool for 30 minutes and cut into 6 large bars.
HOW TO DECORATE
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place the 6 rice cereal bars on the sheet. Set aside for later.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 tablespoon coconut oil for 45 seconds or until melted. Add the black candy melts and stir until melted. (You may have to microwave in additional 10 second increments until the candy is smooth and melted).
3. Dip the tops of the rice cereal bars into the melted black chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet for 30 minutes to harden. Or, if you find it easier, you can just use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate on top of each bar.
4. To make the border around each chalkboard, cut each candy Airhead into 4 strips.
5. Lay the strips along the outer edge of each Rice Krispies bar and gently press down. (You may have to trim the pieces depending on the size of your bars). They will easily stick to the Rice Krispies treats thanks to the gooey marshmallows.
6. With the white tube of icing, pipe your favorite back to school phrases on the chalkboards.