If you’re feeling bit overwhelmed at this whole homeschooling thing, I’m here to help!
I offer homeschool consultation services to assist with various facets of homeschooling. I know firsthand how it can seem overwhelming at the beginning, how homeschooling through chronic illness can be excruciating and exhausting, and the particular challenges of homeschooling gifted and twice exceptional learners.
I believe in homeschooling as an incredibly adaptable method to provide a superior education that is individualized for each child. I want to help you succeed!
Who Benefits from Homeschool Consulting?
Homeschool consulting might be just what you need if:
- You are just starting your homeschool journey.
- You are overwhelmed at the multiple (and wonderful) methods of homeschooling and the mountains of available curriculum.
- You have child that learns differently from you and need help connecting your teaching methods to their learning style.
- Your gifted or twice exceptional student is learning asynchronously and you need help pulling together appropriate resources for individual subjects.
- You have no idea how to incorporate STEM activities and want to help your children succeed in these areas.
- You enjoy unit studies with your children but don’t have the time to plan them all out.
- You have lost your drive due to constant battles over school work.
Helping homeschooling families find the right curriculum, methods, and unit study resources to make your homeschool thrive is one of my greatest pleasures. To thoroughly consult on these important pieces of your homeschool takes quite a bit of time. Because of the time required to offer the best help I can, I do charge a fee to ensure that you are well prepared and my family is also well cared for.
Areas of Expertise:
- My ages of expertise are toddlers through third grade. I was a homeschool mothers helper before having children of my own so I have a combined total of 9 years homeschooling experience.
- My experience with special needs and gifted students includes my own education, volunteering with special needs children throughout my middle, high school, and college years, and through my own children. You can read a bit more about my children here.
- Unit Studies are a favorite way of learning here. I am very adept at building units that are all inclusive and, as an accomplished researcher and finder of frugal resources, enjoy researching to find the perfect components for each child and their specific needs.
- I began researching methods of homeschooling and attending homeschool conventions when my oldest child turned 2 in order to get a grasp on the overwhelm that Googling threatened. We have utilized Montessori, Classical, Charlotte Mason, Delight Directed, Literature Based, and have landed successfully (for now) on a Charlotte Mason inspired eclectic homeschool.
- This all allows me to help other moms who are just starting out to navigate the seemingly deep waters of “how do I start homeschooling” with grace and the ability to breathe.
All consultations will include a follow up email of the notes made during your consult. Payments will be made through PayPal before your consult.
The consult can cover a variety of subjects including:
- Homeschool methods
- Curriculum for special needs, gifted, and twice exceptional children
- Using Montessori methods for tot-schooling
- Finding a homeschool method that is right for your child
- Resources and encouragement for homeschool moms who need help filling their own cup or connecting with their intense child
- Homeschooling with Apraxia of speech, SPD, APD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, giftedness, and other exceptionalities
- Incorporating art and music study into your homeschool
1 hour phone or FaceTime consult – $40
1 hour phone or FaceTime consult and a linked list of curriculum suggestions specific to your homeschool student – $55
Unit Study Creation
30 minute phone or FaceTime consult and an emailed list of linked resources with an activity and schedule outline for a single unit study for your preschool or elementary learner – $60
This is for homeschooling parents who have a child that loves a particular subject and would like a unit created for study without having to spend the hours researching to find all the bits and pieces. The resources provided to you will be a combination of free and for purchase. Many of the book recommendations will also be available at your local library. I know how important frugality is to homeschoolers and I try to keep the cost within the budget confines I would use for my own homeschool.
I recommend utilizing lap books and/or notebooks when doing a unit study, so there will be resources included for that as well.
Setup Your Homeschool Consultation
Please include a brief overview of your consultation needs, any questions you have, and a list of times (EST) that would be convenient for you to have your consult.