The first time you get that little tiny thought, “we should homeschool”, it enters your mind and you literally cannot shake it for days.
But considering all the “what if’s” and all the responsibility of education and life can shake you to your very core.
I get it. I was a reluctant homeschooler. But like you, I wanted to be there with my children.
Like you, I wanted them to have the best education and to learn and grow in character through careful shepherding.
Having a homeschool mentor to walk me through the initial setup and cultivating of our homeschool was an invaluable gift to me, my children, and our homeschool.
Having a homeschool mentor is a rare and wonderful gift. Someone to talk with, to help you navigate the wide world of at-home learning, someone who knows what it is like to work from home and still homeschool diligently. We all need that person who is willing to pour into our homeschool success!
I’m here to share the wisdom, knowledge, and practical how-to’s that I have learned in over a decade of homeschool experience. Your gentle, grace-filled, excellent homeschool is ready to begin. All you need is a little help to start you in the right direction!
Who Benefits from Homeschool Consulting?
Homeschool consulting is just what you need if:
- You are just starting your homeschool journey and love the idea of gentle learning but don’t know where to begin.
- You are overwhelmed at the multiple (and wonderful) methods of homeschooling and the mountains of available curriculum and would like assistance in finding the curriculum to help your homeschool thrive.
- You need help establishing a routine to make your hectic homeschool days into delight-filled learning adventures.
- You have child that learns differently from you and need help connecting your teaching methods to their learning style so you both can enjoy the beauty of the learning process.
- Your gifted or twice exceptional student is learning asynchronously and you need help pulling together appropriate resources for individual subjects to keep them challenged and you ahead.
- You are drowning in the sea of subjects for multiple children. We will work together to set up subjects that naturally lend themselves to being done together as a family and help you craft a schedule to bring the joy back into your days.
- You need to find appropriate programs to help your child learn more independently whether it is due to struggling with a chronic illness yourself or other reasons, but still want to structure a delightful homeschool experience for your family.
- You want to know more about the Charlotte Mason methods and how to implement them in your homeschool.
Helping homeschooling families find the right curriculum, methods, and rhythms to make your homeschool thrive is a delight and responsibility that we do not take lightly. To thoroughly consult on these important parts of your homeschool takes quite a bit of time. Because of the time required to offer the best help, we do charge a fee to ensure that you are well prepared and our family is also well cared for.
Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of your homeschool journey!
Areas of Expertise:
- Homeschooling multiple ages together.
- Gifted, special needs, and twice exceptional learners. My own children fall into this category and helping other families navigate these sometimes turbulent waters brings me so much joy.
- Making the Charlotte Mason method work for you. It’s easy to fall in love with Miss Mason’s philosophy, but it can become overwhelming with all the voices out there telling you what is and isn’t “right”. We help you sort through all that noise and discern the things that will work best for your unique homeschool.
- Homeschool methods and curricula selection. We specifically offer assistance with Charlotte Mason, the classical tradition, and eclectic style homeschooling.
- Working at home while homeschooling. I know it can feel like a hamster wheel. Let me help you get off that wheel, friend! There’s a better way to thrive.
- Helping moms who are just starting (or starting over) to navigate the seemingly deep waters of “how do I start homeschooling” with grace and the ability to breathe.
All consultations will include a follow up email of the notes made during your consult. Payments will be made through PayPal before your consult.
As your homeschool mentor, I will assist you with many facets of homeschooling according to your needs. These may include:
- Setting up your Charlotte Mason, Classical, or eclectic homeschool
- Curriculum choices appropriate for your child’s learning style
- Curriculum for special needs, gifted, and twice exceptional children
- Finding a homeschool rhythm that is right for your family
- Homeschooling with Apraxia of speech, SPD, APD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, giftedness, and other exceptionalities
30 minute phone consult with recording and emailed suggested resources- $50
Setup Your Homeschool Mentor Consultation
Please include a brief overview of your homeschool mentor needs, any questions you have, and what day/time (EST) that would be convenient for you to have your consult.
Currently, we offer homeschool mentoring sessions on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. If you need a different day, please include that day/time preference in your request.
I’m so delighted to share in your journey of cultivating a thriving homeschool!
Please note: Homeschool consultations do not include counseling as I am not a mental health professional. I cannot diagnose learning disorders, but I can help you find solutions for the challenges you have had diagnosed. I am not in the legal field and will direct you to HSLDA for all legal inquiries and state specific requirements.