Have you ever had trouble figuring out what to buy for a LEGO loving child? There are so many great LEGO sets, but did you know there are carrying cases, rental subscriptions (perfect for those expensive larger sets!), and even more sets geared toward girls now? Here is a list of many LEGO gift ideas for the young builders, creators, and innovators!
15 LEGO gift ideas
For the Under 5 Builders
- DUPLO My First Number Train This is one of Mr. F’s favorites! Hours of fun for him and Mr. T can help him build it and gets number practice in, too!
- DUPLO My First Garden – All the DUPLO “My First” sets are so great for encouraging creativity and beginning sequencing and following step-by-step directions.
- DUPLO Green Building Plate (Yes! They make them for DUPLO, too!) These plates are awesome and can be used for all sorts of building ideas!
- 20 DUPLO Family and Community Figures Figures just make block building more fun. Encourage role playing and learning with your little ones with these everyday community heroes.
- DUPLO Princess Ariel Castle – I don’t have a little girl, but if I did we’d definitely be playing with (and watching the movie) Ariel and Flounder!
LEGO Ideas for 3 and Up
- LEGO Bricks and More Builders of Tomorrow Set – Classic box of bricks to let your child’s imagination run wild! There are no limits to what can be built with a pile of bricks.
- LEGO classic building plate – This is a great piece to have for a base, for travel, for smaller sets, and for making awesome LEGO gifts like this one!
- LEGO Friends Stephanie’s Beach House – I would have loved this over Barbie. Anything you can build and then make frilly and fun is awesome in my book!
- LEGO Creator Emerald Express – We love the Creator sets. You can make 3 different things out of each set and it’s so much fun! Mr. T adores these!
- LEGO Education Community MiniFigures – This set is a perfect companion to LEGO Minifigure Writing Prompts at Homegrown Learners!
- LEGO Education Fairytale and Historic Minifigures – This set is just fun! We love to act out stories and these classic fairytale figures allow us to do just that!
- Brick Separator – Mr. J swears by these things! And I hope they save the teeth of both boys. Those flat bricks can be awfully difficult to separate!
- Lay-n-Go Lite – Traveling for the holidays makes these a must! The bag opens up and lays flat for play, then you just pull the drawstring and all your treasured bricks and minifigures are packed up and ready to go!
- The LEGO Ideas Book – The creations inside this book are incredible. And very inspiring. If you want to keep a 4 and 38 year old busy for hours . . .
- LEGO Ice/Jello Trays – These are just fun! Ice or Jello, or even salt dough could be molded into these silicone trays for fun LEGO bricks to brighten up the everyday.